HGH or the human growth hormone is polypeptide hormone that is naturally secreted by the body’s pituitary gland that is vital for normal growth. Growth hormone’s daily secretion increases during childhood and is at its highest peak during puberty. However, after puberty, its production steadily declines. In the year 1985, synthetic growth hormones were developed and used for very specific reasons that are only FDA-approved.
Norditropin is one of the trade names of bio-synthetic growth hormones that are manufactured and produced by Danish pharmaceutical company known as Novo Nordisk.
Approved Uses of Norditropin
Nowadays, there are numerous growth hormone injections that are FDA-approved. Norditropin is one of those growth hormone injections and is only available through prescription from a supervising doctor or physician with clear and narrowly-defined use.
In children, Norditropin is approved for treating poor growth caused by:
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Turner’s Syndrome
- Noonan Syndrome
Also, Norditropin is used to treat children:
- With idiopathic short stature
- Born that are born small for gestational age
- With human growth hormone deficiency or insufficiency
For adults, the accepted medical use of Norditropin is to treat
- Wasting syndrome of AIDs
- Human growth hormone deficiency or insufficiency
The recommended dosages of Norditropin are:
- For adults: 25 µg/kg/day
- For children: 40 µg/kg/day
The only injectable formulations approved by the FDA are as a powder with reconstitution diluents or liquid preparations.
Illegal Uses of Norditropin:
Norditropin is illegally used for bodybuilding purposes, improving athletic performance and as an anti-aging agent. It is distributed, marketed and even illegally prescribed off-label to many aging people in order to replenish their dropping growth hormone levels and helps reverse the signs of aging and bodily deterioration. Norditropin is also used for altering body compositions y increasing skeletal muscle mass and reducing body fat. More often, Norditropin is used together with other drugs with performance-enhancing abilities like anabolic steroids. And although the ability of Norditropin to boost athletic performance is still debatable, many athletes abuse this drug in hopes of improving their athletic performance.
Abuser Population of Norditropin
The major abusers of Norditropin include:
- Aging adults
- Fitness Enthusiasts
Due to the fact that Norditropin’s illegal uses are hard to detect, it is believed that its use is widespread in the sports field. In the past few years, there are many professional athletes who admitted to using Norditropin. Aging adults that wanted to be young also use Norditropin. Bodybuilders and even celebrities are also said to use and buy Norditropin because of its ability to change body composition.
Illegal Distribution of Norditropin
The Illegal distribution and way of obtaining of Norditropin include:
- Physicians and doctors illegally prescribing Norditropin for off-label uses and for treating medical conditions that are approved by the FDA but without proper supervision and examination.
- Diverting Norditropin obtained through theft
- Illegally smuggled Norditropin from other countries
- Creating counterfeit Norditropin
- Obtaining injectable Norditropin through internet pharmacies, anti-aging and wellness websites, and These pharmacies are usually backed up by physicians and doctors who are willing to write off prescriptions for a fee without any examinations conducted.
- Individual obtaining Norditropin in the black market. Norditropin is usually marketed with other drugs with performance-enhancing abilities such as anabolic steroids.
- Various oral preparations such as pills and sprays that are said to contain Norditropin.
Control Status of Norditropin
Under the CSA or Controlled Substance Act, bio-synthetic growth hormone-like Norditropin is not a controlled substance. But any distribution or individual who is found to possess Norditropin with the intent to distribute for any use other than the FDA-approved legal use of treating disease and recognized medical conditions and without a physicians prescription, under the 1990 Anabolic Steroids Control Act, will be punished with a 5-year felony. Norditropin and other biosynthetic growth hormones are listed as a performance-enhancing drug by theInternational Olympic Committee and World Anti-Doping Agency in order to stop athletes from using it.
Norditropin is very helpful for patients suffering from growth hormone deficiency. The End. It is not to be used for any other personal uses such as anti-aging and enhancing performance. Any other use that is not listed approved by the FDA is considered illegal and are subjected to punishments.