Are you on Keto diet? If you are, then you need to be very careful about your carbohydrate consumption. Carbohydrates get stored in the body and over a period of time, they get converted into fat. Therefore, you need to be very careful when it comes to consuming carbs. When you are under diet and following a strict eating style, in that case, you are advised to stay away from restaurants. However, it is not always possible. There would be instances when your appetite for spicy and delicious food would get the better of you. It is quite understandable. However, it is important not to get carried away if you visit a restaurant. You must make sure that you kept a strict eye on the carbs content in the food which you have ordered. Besides, there are few other tricks which would help you to stay away from excess eating.
Tips to Avoid Excess Carbohydrate Foods at a Restaurant
You might find the following tips to be useful
- Go through the Menu: Before you order your food, it is very important to go through the menu. Lookout for the high-calorie foods and discard them immediately. If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to ask the waiter about the calorie content of a particular item. No need to be absolutely sure prior placing your order
- Look for High Protein Foods: This is an easy way to stay away from carbohydrates. Always try and order the dishes which are high in protein. Seafood, for an example. They contain a very little amount of Carbohydrates and yet and are delicious. The same thing goes for chicken breasts. There can be different mouthwatering dishes that can be prepared with chicken breasts.
- Tell them what you are looking for: While placing the order, make sure that you have let the waiter know about your requirement. Do not hesitate to tell him that you would like the dishes to be as calorie-free as possible and hence special care should be taken while preparing them
- Fruit Salad: Fruit Salads can be an ideal choice for you when you are out for a dinner at a restaurant. You can order for a dish of fruit salad and that should be enough to fill your belly. Fruit salads are healthy, free of carbs and the same time, they are delicious
- Fish Items: Fish contains a very little amount of carbohydrates. Therefore, fish should be your number one choice. There are wide ranges of different types of fish items available at a restaurant. While placing the order, do not forget to mention that the fishes shouldn’t be deep fried. Besides, all kinds of sauces should be avoided.
- Coffee: After a heavy, spicy meal, it is but obvious to opt for a dessert. Now that is an absolute no-no for you. Desserts contain tons of calories and carbs and can spoil your entire effort which you have put in to stay away from those. Instead of desserts, order a cup of coffee. Coffee contains caffeine, which is a natural fat burner. It would immediately start working on the extra calories which you have consumed during your stay at the restaurant
It might sound to be a bit awkward; however, when you are under Keto diet, you need to take this much of trouble. Make sure that you stayed away from carbs as much as possible.
You can use ketone test strips to check for the volume of Ketone present in your urine once you are back from the restaurant.